Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Cat Who(?)...


I just recently discovered the delights of Lilian Jackson Braun's quirky feline mysteries, while I was browsing at my favorite National bookstore. Then I discovered there were earlier books. Mine is the 16th but first time in paperback! I am hooked by the sleuthing Siamese, Koko and Yum Yum, and thier human, Jim Qwilleran, the quintessential reporter.

Qwilleran and the cats are visiting an island known by many names. Qwill has always called it Breakfast Island, but to the taciturn natives, it's Providence Island. To the rich summer residents it's Grand Island--and to the developers and tourists who are turning this once--peaceful place upside down, it's Pear Island. But when some odd "accidents" occur, including a fatal boat explosion, Qwill suspects sabotage and sets out to investigate--because murder by any other name is just as deadly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment